Canvas Login Instructions for Guardians
Guardians can manually create their own accounts and pair them directly to their child’s account to monitor progress in Canvas. Please note that in order to do this, the student needs to be able to access the student Canvas account first.
How to create a Guardian account
- On the login page, click the link in the top right.
- Guardians will then input the required information in the fields.
Students will generate the Student Pairing Code from the Accounts Settings profile page.
When students click Pair with Observer, a six-digit code appears that guardians will input into the Student Pairing Code field back in step 2. For more information about pairing codes, click “What is a pairing code?” on the Guardian Signup window.
How to pair several students to the same guardian account
Once you have an account and are able to log in to Canvas, follow these instructions to add more students to that same account.
- From the students’ accounts, follow step 3 in the instructions provided above to generate the Pairing Codes for each student. Each student will have a different pairing code. Take a note of the pairing code for each student.
- Login to Canvas with the account you created in step 2.
- From the guardian account, go to Account > Observing.
- The list of students that you are observing will be displayed, and an option will be available to add new pairing codes.